May 8, 2009

The Sugar Bowl - Challenge # 10

I can't believe it's Friday already!
I've just been so busy, and ended up staying up until 2AM
trying to get things finished up for the craft show tomorrow,
and finishing my card for this weeks "Sugar Bowl" challenge.

I needed to get it done last night, because I so desperately
needed to have a mothers day card for my own mother.
The mothers day cards that I previously had made,
ended up being sold last week at my job.
I had brought some of my cards to work, because people
had wanted to see them, little did I know they would
rummage through and scarf them up.
I just couldn't believe it.
So needless to say, this challenge came at a perfect time
to make my mom a mothers day card.

I will definitely NOT be showing the girls this card,
or it might be gone too!

For this card, all the papers used were from Stampin' Up.
I ended up using S.U. papers to make a punched flower
because I didn't have anything that seemed to match nicely.
Yes, I'm running low on my Primas, time to order some more.

The eyelets are also from Stampin' Up, and they match perfectly.
I thought that was a nice finishing touch.
The ribbon I took from my stash,
I really didn't want to add a bolder ribbon there
so I opted for a sheer ribbon, just to add a little something extra.

I didn't have any stamps that just say "Mom"
and that's what I wanted it to say,
so I decided I'd just write it myself.
I don't care for my writing,
so I feel that the writing is the Worst Part of this card.

Now for this adorable Sugar Nellie image -
I colored her with my copics,
I just LOVE LOVE LOVE the color combos

RV34 - Dark Pink
RV21 - Light Pink
BV20 -Dull Lavender
BV23 -Grayish Lavender
E33 - Sand
Y21 - Buttercup Yellow

So now you can see my card,
and then I'm off to get ready for another
"Fun Filled" day working with Special Ed kids. =)

8 comments:

Powerful Search Engine said...

You must be exhausted Lynda you sound like you have been very busy!!!! Gorgeous card love the colouring hugs Pascale

Kim Dellow said...

Very pretty card, Love all the detail with the faux stitching, lovely. Kim

Unknown said...

oh lynda, your card looks so pretty and so lovely. i love all those soft and fresh colours ... looks really wonderful.
have a nice weekend.
hugs, bea

Kathy said...

Gorgeous card Lynda! I really like the papers that you have used and your image is colored in so beautifully!! Thanks so much for joining in the challenge ~ your interpretation of the sketch is so pretty! :)Kathy

Bente said...

Such a beautiful card with gorgeous details - love this image - its so cute :)
Hugs, Bente

Anonymous said...

Stunning card :)
Love your take on my sketch and gorgeous image,
Thanks for playing in the sugar bowl
Hugs, Marlene x

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card! I love the image.
Vanja

Gayle said...

Hi Lynda
What a delicious creation!
Thanks so much for joining in with our sketches at The Sugar Bowl.
Luv'n'Hugs
Sugar Mama x