January 25, 2011

Elisabeth Bells World - January Challenge

Wow - Time sure is flying by....  It's time once again for a fun challenge over at Elisabeth Bells World Challenge Blog.  This month the theme is "ALTER IT - With Love In Mind"...  The rest of the DT did a fantabulous job creating altered items. 
I have to admit, I struggled a little bit with this one at first, simply because I didn't want to make an altered heart shaped box, and that was all I could think of at the time.    Suddenly I got thinking about making mine a gift bag and something to go with it...  As I was working on the gift bag, the ideas started floating into my head... and away we went....

I have a couple of pictures to show you today, but my Altered project is something a bit different than the normal "altered project".



and a couple of closer pictures of both the bouquet, and the gift bag.





Well, how about those little Rosebuds????  Do you see what they actually are???  They are actually Hershey's Kisses wrapped in red cellophane.  Pretty tricky huh?  I had all I could do not to sneak some of those and eat them.  but I knew that I needed them for my Dozen Rosebuds.  =)  The vase that they are in, I actually found in a dollar store.  Ahhhh, Perfect, right?
The gift bag was lots of fun, I actually bought those conversation heart stamps last year, and for the life of me I can't think what company they come from...  I only know that they were part of a small clear acrylic set.  I got them out and started stamping my "candies" to decorate the bag.  I loved the way the bag came out, but Hmmmm, the next question was, WHAT am I going to put into that bag???  There my project sat on the table, the pretty chocolate rosebuds, and an empty gift bag.....

One day I was wandering the Valentine isles in our local Walmart, and wouldn't you know I see this bright green thing sticking out among all the red and pink things.... Stuffed animals.... WHAT COULD THIS GREEN THING BE?  I pulled it out, and.... To make a long story short... You just saw it.... The perfect little stuffed animal for this gift bag.  He looks JUST like the little frog in the "My Prince" image that I used, doesn't he???

I don't think that I could have possibly found a better item to match this awesome new Digi from Elisabeth Bell.  "My Prince" was just released last week.  You can find her in Elisabeth's Digi Shop. 

Anyway, I think I've chattered here long enough...  I hope you enjoyed my Altered Things...


2 comments:

Crystal said...

Oh my word Lynda this is SOOOO SUPER SWEET what a FABULOUS project!

Sherman Unkefer said...

This is a very cool project! Perfect for Valentine's Day! Love it.