January 28, 2011

Phindy's Place and The Digi Bells - 2 posts in 1

Another post for me today.... Today we have a new challenge over at Phindy's Place Challenge Blog.  What is the challenge you ask?  People love sketches, so that's what we are challenging you to do.  I can't wait to see what PHABULOUS creations everyone will make with this already PHUN & PHABULOUS Sketch, created by our very own Anne-Marije Poppen

But before I show you what I have created with her beautiful sketch, I thought I would OFFICIALLY welcome our newest DT members to our Phabulous Phindy's Team.  I hope you'll join me, and give them a warm welcome. 

Alrighty then, so for my card this week, I went with Phindy's crazy Mrs. Comfy.  Someone I haven't used in a while.  I thought it was about time to bring her to life again....  I just love her!



Check out those slippers she's wearing!  LOL  Turtles.... I love it....  She's a hip old granny and she's CrAzY.... at least that is the way that I see her....  I had a lot of fun coloring this fun image.  You can find her at Phindys Place Online Shop.

I used copics for my coloring, and papers are all from K&Company.  The flowers were colored to match, and gold perfect pearls added for a bit of a marbled shimmer effect.


That's all from me today.... Ohhhhh wait... I think I will add something here to this post, so that I don't have to make yet another post for today.  Wow, Friday's are a busy place in Blogland.  LOL

The card I'm going to show you uses the same exact sentiment as the Phindy's card.  Which by the way is computer generated. 
It was my turn to post today over at The Digi Bells Blog.  I wanted to share that card on my own blog as well.
I used "Little Rapunzel" from Elisabeth Bells Digital Collection.  This adorable image was colored with Copics, and I used ONLY Earth Tones.  I really wanted to create something that looked "old", or vintage. 
A dear friend of the family's birthday is coming up soon, and thought that this would be the perfect card for him.  Sure it has a girl on it, but I think I found a way to turn this "Girlie" into more of a masculine card.  What do you think?






Since he enjoys gardening etc. I thought that this would be fine for him.  There are no frills, lace or fancy paper flowers, but rather some twine and a bow.  The papers used here are also from K&Company.  I'm really liking this "vintage" look, and may have to do it a bit more often.  It truly wasn't as hard as I had originally thought it would be.

Elisabeth Bell has some gorgeous Digi's to work with, and you can find them by visiting her Digital Gallery.

Okay, now seriously.... I'm finished now... that's all from me for today!  ha ha
Wishing you all a WONDERFUL and CRAFTY weekend!  Thanks for stopping by!




8 comments:

Marley said...

Wow 2 beautiful cards! love them x Marley

Crystal said...

Lynda wow these are GORGEOUS creations!

Tine said...

Hi Lynda. Beautiful cards & fabulous colouring. Those shimmering flowers are gorgeous! Looking forward to working with you at Phindy's.
Tine :)

Anonymous said...

Hello Lynda! :) Both of your cards are very sweet!! Love how you've used the same sentiment on both and your coloring is always fabulous! Have a great weekend friend!!HUGS

Tammy said...

Both cards are awesome, Lynda!! Great coloring!

Anne said...

Two gorgeous cards Lynda, I love the earth tones, they always make fabulous work and don't you just love Mrs Comfy, that is one lovely card.
Anne
x

Anne-Marije said...

Oh what are these cards amazing wonderful! I really love what you've done with my sketch.... Great job!
xxx Anne-Marije

Payne Holler Cards said...

Thud and double thud!!
GF you sure can color (-: