May 7, 2009

#1 Teacher

As promised yesterday, I finally put my DSO card together.
I have to say the DCWV paper is perfect for this card, and that ribbon...
I JUST HAD TO USE IT.
You won't believe where I got it from... a $1 store.
I LOVE when I find stuff like this and can get it so cheap.

This weeks image is one of the newest images from
Digital Stamp Oasis
Isn't this teacher and little Sammy Squirrel just adorable.
I had a little trouble coloring it, because I need some copic
refills. I almost wanted to scream when I realized that my 2 favorite shades
of gray are in desperate need of a refill.
When I checked my refills, I was annoyed to find that I didn't have the gray colors.

Soooo, I had to improvise, and I added some color using my Twinkling H2O's.
Not the BEST result, but I think it seems to do the trick
when you're in a bind.
Oh my ...
I just saw that on the "Digital Tuesday Challenge" blog
their challenge is to make a card for a teacher.
When I originally chose this image, and colored it
I had no idea that was what the challenge was going to be this week.
So I guess I can enter this card there just for kicks.
Why not?

9 comments:

Lorraine A said...

Hi Lynda :-) Fabulous card and what a coincidence making this by chance :-) !! I love the papers and the ribbon too, gorgeous ! The colouring looks just perfect to me ! :-)

Lorraine x x

Unknown said...

its wonderful!

Anjou Krelovich said...

So glad you entered the card! I love it! That panel is just perfect with the image. Totally lovely!

Risa said...

Your card is too cute!
hugs
Risa:)

Lora said...

Lovely card :)
I know how you feel, all my grey copics have run out too so can't colour any of my DSO squirrels grey!
You did a great job without the grey copics though :)
Lora x

Amy Johnson said...

Cute Card! What a nice coincidence that you made the card before you saw the challenge! It certainly fits! Thanks for playing the DTC!

Maria Matter said...

What a great card Lynda! love that ribbon!!!!! The wave lengths were flowing just right, glad you entered so we could pop over and ooo & aaah other this beauty!
Blessings, Maria

Paula said...

This is adorable and the paper is PERFECT! Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Digital Tuesday Challenge Blog!
Pleasantly,
Paula

Emma said...

Wow fantastic card, loving the colours.
Thanks for joining us at DTC and good luck.
Emma x