May 4, 2009

Dare U 2 Digi Stamp Challenge #5

Wow - I feel like I'm so far behind!
Normally I am getting my challenge entry done
within a day or two, but this week with starting my new job,
everything has been changed around a little bit.
I will soon get used to being in a different routine I'm sure.

Okay so for this weeks "Dare U 2 Digi Stamp" challenge,
I went with the awesome sketch provided for me,
and decided that I would make my card a card that
one of my new c0-workers asked if I could make.
I'm game for anything, Soooooo
Since she needed some sort of "Aladdin" themed card
I checked everything I had, and I came up with
NOTHING!

Time to call in my son, the poor kid.
I forced him to sit down and take it seriously
and DRAW me a Genie.
Well.... What he came up with was pretty rough.
The swirling clothing was perfect
the face was Almost perfect, but the turbin OH NOOOOO!

I did some altering, and I changed the eyebrows,
& I made the chin jut out,
I added the line for under the lip,
As for the turbin, well, I had to search images to see
EXACTLY HOW they were drawn
after about 13 tries, I FINALLY got it.
and okay NOW we have a genie.

Scanning this into the computer,
and then doing image clean up well that was easy compared
to the struggle of getting the image
to look right in the beginning, but after all that,
I'm pleased to say, I'm happy with the result.

The lamp, well, that was easy enough to draw
I traced a Cricut cut out, from the paper doll cartridge,
and then drew in the rest.

And... Ta Daaaa....
This is now my digital image.
Needless to say,
it took most of the day Saturday to accomplish this.

So here you can see our home made Digi.
My poor son will NEVER forgive me for wasting his Saturday!
He was quite mad at me for making him do this!
Afterwards, I did his chores
in trade for him making my image. LOL
He loved that trade off,
but he was STILL mad that he "wasted" his day!

11 comments:

Bente said...

Wow - such gorgeous card - and lovely details - the Genie was just perfect :)
Have a nice day! Hugs, Bente

Chris said...

Fantastic card Lynda and well done on all that hard work with the image from you both! Glad you could join us at DU2DS this week. Chris :)

Stampin' Meg said...

It turned out great-I have to rely on my son for technical assistance sometimes too!

Joey said...

awww Lynda between you and your son you done an awesome job, your genie looks fabulous, gorgeous colours. Joey.x

Sandra said...

Hi....fantastic card,love the genie that you and your son created,brilliant work,great take on the sketch,thanks for joining us this week at DU2DS,
Take care
San x

Unknown said...

Wow! How old is your son? He's got talent! That boy should draw digi stamps for some extra spending money! Great job!

Michelle said...

Fab card Lynda and well worth a wasted Saturday, you ought to get your son to do a few more images, they're great!
Thanks for playing along with us on DU2DS this week.
x Michelle

Ellibelle said...

This is beautiful Lynda. Your son did a wonderful job with the image. I love the designer papers you used for it.

Sandra said...

Great card. Love your creative interpretation of my sketch. Is that paper pricking in the background? Looks stunning! Thanks for taking on this weeks 'Dare'
Hugs
Sandra x

Larissa said...

Great card! Your sun has made an awsome digital image!
Thanks for joining us at DU2DS!
Hugs,
Larissa

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

Great card and a fab image!