May 14, 2009

Digital Tuesday Challenge #6 - Non-Traditional

What a FABULOUS challenge this week.
the "Digital Tuesday Challenge"
was to make a non-traditional folding or shaped card
This truly was a challenge, considering I was just DYING to use
my brand new digi image.

Yes that's right, MY VERY OWN Digi image.
This cute Softball player is called "Softball Donna" and with reason.
After a lot of trial and error, eraser dust,
and a lot of scanning and editing, I finally was talking to someone
at work, who just happens to draw,
and he ended up helping me with some finer details.
"Brother Donald" was a true gem when he helped me with
those finer details I decided to name this image "Donna"
It's only fitting, right?

THEN to come up with a Shaped card for this challenge.
It hit me like a ton of bricks. I KNEW what I wanted to do,
so I found an image of a baseball glove
and I took it from there, and ta da...
the shape of my card has been born.

I was originally going to do paper piecing in order to
create this glove, but after trying a couple of times,
I decided that I could just put my DP in my printer
and print this glove right on the paper.
SOOOO MUCH EASIER - and it LOOKS Awesome!

Here is what I came up with.
I sort of wish that I hadn't tried to make the hat 2 tone colored
I think it would have been better to be left all one color,
But... what's done is done.


Now for the inside:
I used my Martha Stewart circle cutter to make
the different size circles which I then drew on
and paper pierced in order to make it look
more like a baseball/softball.
I used Stampin' Up chalks to give the appearance
of that "Dirty" look

And there you have it -
Might I just add, that I LOVE the way this card turned out. =)

9 comments:

Jaspere said...

This is fabulous!! It really turned out great and is so unique. Great job on the challenge.

Lorraine A said...

Oh wow Lynda !! Your own digi image !! I am so impressed you clever thing !! :-)
Fabulous shaped card, you deserve a gold star for this one :-)

Very well done !!
Lorraine x x

Ellibelle said...

Wow, Lynda, this is amazing!! I love your first digi-image, it is fantastic. And the glove-shaped card is just perfect for the image!

Kim said...

You should love this card it is awesome! My neice is a star player for her hs team and she would love this. Way cool!

Amy Johnson said...

Wow! What a creative card! Great job! Thanks for playing DTC!

Lora said...

What a fab card. I love your image, well done!!
Thanks for joining in with the DTC this week.
Lora x

Emma said...

Wow fantastic card...amazing!!
Thanks for joining us at DTC and good luck.
Emma x

Michelle Redman said...

Wow Lynda!! This totally rocks!! Awesome image and that DP for the glove is so sweet!!
Thanks for joining us at the DTC!!

Carisa said...

oh wow! this is great. i love all the different shaped cards I'm seeing. Thanks for playing along with us at DTC!