September 7, 2009

A Card For a VERY Brave Girl~~~~~~~~


Good Morning Everyone!

I thought I would post a card that I made
for a very good cause.

Erin, from Scrap, Stamp and be Merry
has a neighbor who was in a boating accident
with her 13 year old daughter (Paige)

Paige is at Boston Childrens Hospital
after having to have part of her arm amputated.
When I read the news article I was just in shock
and couldn't hold back the tears for this girl and her family.
You can read that article here.

When I think about the age of my own son,
and thinking about the family and how I would
have handled it, I don't know that I could have
had the strength that this family has.

The attitude of Paige is just amazing.
She's so strong and brave, if it were me,
I probably would have been sitting there
having a pitty party for myself. Not Paige!
She's just very happy that she's still alive.
Kudo's for Paige!!!

Soooo, with this heart wrenching story,
I decided to join in and make a card especially for Paige.

Lets try and flood her hospital room with well wishes
from our "Crafty little world"

Cards can be mailed to
Paige Welch
C/O Boston Children's Hospital,
300 Longwood Ave.,
Boston, MA 02115.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The image used for this card is "Lil Miss Poppy"
from Belles n' Whistles!
I think she is just too cute for words!

Don't forget to stop by the
Belles n' Whistles Blog today
for a
MOUTH WATERING MONDAY!
You'll see why!

2 comments:

Sparkplug17 said...

Such a gorgeous card.

Summer... said...

Lynda! She's GORGEOUS!! Love, love, LOVE it!! =)