November 28, 2009

Another Greeting Farm Sneak Preview



Wow it's almost December, I can't believe it!
With that being said, I guess you know what that means!
Yep another release for
The Greeting Farm

Many of you have seen this image somewhere before
and do you know why?
Because it was part of a challenge a while back
Does anyone remember the
Design your own Sprout Challenge?

Kim Yu is the proud designer and winner of this
awesome new Wild Sprout!
Her name is "Sassy Suzi"
and she's been turned into Rubber!
Make sure you stop by Kim's blog to leave her a comment,
and congratulate her. Kim will be choosing a random commenter
on her blog to WIN the adorable Sassy Suzi Sprout.
You will have until Sunday night 8PM CST to enter.

Now before I show you what I did with my new Sassy Suzi
I just have to tell you that while I sat with the stamped image
in front of me, thinking about what colors I wanted to go with
something about Sassy Suzi seemed quite familiar.
It was that coat she's wearing! 
I swear I had one just like it when I was 9 years old!

I got thinking, and thought for sure I had my picture taken with
Santa Claus while wearing it....
So I went into my cd archives, and there it was!
I had a good laugh for sure!

I just HAD to make Sassy Suzi wear the coat I was wearing.
I couldn't resist... So I'm going to be brave, and give you all
a very good laugh at me with my HORRIBLE glasses on
Oh MAN I hated that my mother made me wear those!
But here I am with Santa at the age of 9.
Probably one of the last pictures I ever had taken with him!


OH MY!!!!!

So in sticking with the "Christmas" theme,
I decided to make a Christmas Card!
Meet Sassy Suzi!
All she needs now is a pair of ugly glasses
and she could be ME! LOL
Nooooo, seriously, she's WAY TOO ADORABLE for that!!

Have I kept you in suspense long enough? 
Okay... Okay, I'll show you then!


Now don't you think I should just keep this card for myself?
Maybe I should send it to my mother instead!
It's just too funny - but I guess you would have to have
my memories in order to completely "get it"
Either way, next time I color her, she's definitely NOT
going to be wearing my coat!  LOL

I hope you've enjoyed my little trip down memory lane
to go along with my interpretation of Sassy Suzi Sprout,
now make sure to stop and check out the rest of our
Greeting Farm DT's previews
Cindy  Cheryl, Jessica, Kadie,
Kim, Lisa, Sandra
,   Mercy.





10 comments:

~*Joni said...

Heehee! What a cute little post this morning Lynda! I love seeing personal pics on people's blogs. :D This is way too sweet and so much of a resemblance. Those glasses are adorable, what are you talking about? heehee!

Cassie_lu said...

great job and i love the story of how she reminded you of yourself.

Unknown said...

lynda...this is so fun! love the papers, colors, and coloring! wonderful tgf sneak peek!!! :)

{{{hugs}}}
mercy

Cheryl Walker said...

Lynda this is way toooo cute!!! Love the pic of you and Santa tooo!!!!Awesome job on Sassy Suzi she turned out CUTE!!!! :)

Hugs,
Cheryl

Jessica Diedrich said...

OMG! I totally am inspired now to get the album my mom has and scan my old Christmas pics into it-this is TOO sweet of a post! LOVE it! I love your card, too-you did a ROCKIN job on this Lynda!!!

Lisa said...

You were adorable, glasses and all! I really love your DP and her hair is fantastic!

Hugs,
Lisa

WickedPixie said...

Lynda, this is an adorable card and I love that you shared this Holiday memory with us!! And maybe I am a little crazy, but I like the coat!! :-)Traci

Kim said...

Awesome card, beautiful colors and I love that you made it a christmas theme!

kadie said...

I LOVE that picture! Thanks for sharing! :) You're so cute, Lynda!

Your card is AWESOME too! Great job making Suzi into a Christmas card!

Sandra MacLean said...

Shut up!! You had a blue coat with fur on it!!! How awesome was that! I bet you felt like a super star in it! Rock on sistah! Loooved the colors and embellishments on this one Lynda! I need to take lessons from you on embellishing...I think I'm getting stagnent with mine.