March 21, 2010

Just Magnolia Week #47 - Easel Card AND Sketch Saturday Week #95

Guess what I got in the mail yesterday?   I'm so excited, my new Easter Magnolia stamps arrived, and of course I wasn't feeling very well at all, and didn't even have the energy to ink them up.  But today I'm feeling just a tiny bit better, and I was DYING to get some ink on those cuties.  So I thought I would play along with the challenge this week over at "Just Magnolia"  The challenge was to create an Easel card. 

Okay, that sounds easy enough, so I set out to do just that, BUT... I really needed some sketch to follow, and thought I would kill 2 birds with 1 stone yet again.  I decided to use the sketch from this weeks Sketch Saturday Challenge.  Of course I used those squares a little loosely.  I wanted some torn paper, and I sort of turned it just a hair, but I think the sketch is still recognizable.  =)

But the most exciting thing I have to tell you about this card is that it has my VERY FIRST EVER quilled flower.  I have always been fearful of trying quilling, but a friend of mine tried it, and swore it was a lot easier than I would ever imagine.  While visiting with her the other day, she had little strips of paper that she had been using, and I picked up a strip and started coiling it.... Heyyyyy, I just may be able to do it after all.... So today I decided I'd give it a try for real.  So there you have it... I have a feeling I still have a LONG way to go, but hmmm, not to shabby for a first attempt I think. 






















And of course a closer view from just the front.
There you can see my quilled flower a little better, and isn't that little Tilda popping out of that egg just toooooo adorable?  I JUST LOVE HER!


Anyway, I think I'm off to go and rest a little more, fold a little laundry, and then it's early to bed for me.  I'm hoping to kick this little flu bug or whatever it is, before I have to go to work tomorrow. 

Thanks so much for stopping by.

2 comments:

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous card, love the wonderful Tilda and the beautiful colours.
luv
Debby

Christy said...

Beautiful :)