March 9, 2010

Sketch Saturday & Club Anya's Monday Mania

 So much for internet connections.  Apparently the melting snow is having an effect on my internet, go figure.  It usually happens when it rains, so I can only assume it's melting snow now.  Yes indeed, I need a service man here.  I'm so tired of playing the "take your chances" game with the internet.  If I had internet connection this morning, I would have posted these cards already but hey, better late than never right? 

Alright, I'm sure you are tired of my complaining, right?  Again I'm posting 2 cards for 2 different challenges in just 1 post.  Gotta do things quick, just in case my internet cuts out again.  LOL

First of all I have my card for this weeks Sketch Saturday challenge.  I used 2 adorable images from Phindy's Place on Etsy.  I combined the images in order to play along with a challenge that they are having over at Phindy's place on PCP.  But followed the sketch for this weeks Sketch Saturday challenge.  Sounds confusing doesn't it?   no no, not really.... 
Okay so these images are called "Brave Heart" and "Cheep Cheep", I thought they were perfect for combining.  Although that little "Cheep Cheep" bunny is actually hiding the Valentine Heart behind "Brave Hearts" back.  But no one has to know that, do they?


So okay then, the next card I have to show you is for this weeks Club Anya & Friends Monday Mania Challenge!  Called "Laces Up"  Now that's a mouthful isn't it?  LOL

The challenge was to "Create a card using at least 1 style of lace, and 1 style ribbon".  Well that should be easy enough, so I found a piece of lace that already had white ribbon running through it, and then added some extra ribbon for a little bit of a dramatic effect.  I also made the flower out of a piece of "blue onion" style fabric.  Sooooo, my card is a little bit unique in that aspect, and something I had never tried before. But I am really liking the outcome. 

I used one of the newly released Amelia stamp from The Greeting Farm.  Is she not adorable or what?  So this was my first time using her!  She's just such a little doll, I couldn't resist!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

These cards are so stinkin' cute and sweet!