April 28, 2010

TGF's "In Stitches" Scrapbook challenge

 Good Morning everyone, and Happy Wednesday!  The week is half over already, boy how time is flying by.
I finished up a scrapbook page that I had started working on last week, but realized that time was getting away from me for entering it into The Greeting Farms Scrapbook Challenge.  I did make it in time though!

The challenge this week is to use Stitching either real or faux.  I have to admit that I really had a hard time figuring out a layout for this page, because I really wanted to show all three of these pictures, and since they are all different sizes, and knowing the elements that I wanted to add to it, Hmmmm, I just struggled a little bit.

I added 2 of the Greeting Farm stamps (Both Ians from the "My Guy Ian" set)  They both represent my son and his cousin who spent countless hours building a race track, and racing those remote controlled XMod RC Cars.
It's funny how doing something like that brought the life back into using Douglas' little kid building blocks! ha ha
This is the page I came up with!

It's hard to see in this photo, but I added some faux stitching for a partial border, and I strung the checkered flags across the top.

I'm still not sure I'm 100% thrilled with this page, but I think it came out okay.  Next page, is to work on the pictures that sort of go along with this one, when the boys were goofing around before going to Thanksgiving Dinner.  ha ha  That one might be a little easier.  But I'll wait and see what the next scrapbook challenge is over at The Greeting Farm first.  LOL 
It sure has helped me start getting my scrapbooks caught up.  5 more years to go to be caught up, do you think I can do it?  ha ha

Thanks for stopping by today!  Wishing you all a Great Day!

4 comments:

Jessica Diedrich said...

I love it-those little checkered flags are fabulous! Great use of My Guy Ian, too!

Tasha said...

Super page Lynda, loving the racing theme with the flags
love tasha xx

Jodi said...

This is really cool Lynda! I love the layout and that you used Ian too!
Hugs
Jodi =)

WickedPixie said...

I love how you used Ian on your Scrap page! :-)Traic