May 28, 2010

Phindy's Place Friday Challenge #7 - Buttons or Brads

 Wow - is it Friday already?  Where did this week go?  It seems that I was just here posting for Monday, and here we are already on Friday!  What a crazy week this has been!  =)  I am so sorry for not posting more often.  I feel like I've fallen out of the loop!  I'm so behind!

Are you all ready for another Phindy's Place Challenge?  I had lots of fun creating my card for this weeks challenge.  Using buttons & brads!  That's the challenge.  How much easier can it get?

I wanted to tell you a little bit about my card.  When I created this card, I had one person in mind.  Phindy's sister.... She's going through a horrible ordeal, and to keep a long story short, lets just say it's been touch and go for a week or so, ....  So I thought that I would make my card for this weeks challenge, also a "Get Well" card for Gerry.  If any of you are familiar with Phindy's PCP group, or have been keeping updated on the Phindy's Challenge blog, then you'll know that Phindy has been busy, at her sisters side through all of this.  What a terrible terrible ordeal to have to go through.  I'm sure Phindy, as well as Gerry could really use all the support we can give.

So for my card I used 2 heart shaped brads, and 1 button in the center of my flower.  I hope that this will bring at least a tiny smile to Gerry's face.


I used "My Love Grows" from Phindy's Digital images, and colored her using Copics.  I added a touch of glitter to her hair ribbon, the heart plant, and to my prima flower.  I had lots of fun distressing these papers, which are all Martha Stewart papers.  Isn't she cute?

Have you seen what the other DT Girls have done?  Wow, each week the cards just get better and better.  And each week the participants cards get better and better.  We would love to have lots and lots of participants.  So if you have some time, please join us for this fun challenge, using your buttons or brads.

You can check out what the rest of the DT girls did by clicking on their individual links below.

Thanks so much for stopping by today, I really appreciate it.  Again, I appologize for not posting very often, apparently the time slips away from me faster than I realize.  Does that mean I'm getting old?  My parents always warned me about this when I was younger, and wishing time would hurry up.  ha ha

Have a Wonderful Friday, and an AWESOME Weekend!  =)

Ann English

8 comments:

Annika said...

It's an amazingly beautiful card and the thought behind it makes it ever mnore beautiful!
Hugs
Annika

Cindy Haffner said...

So BEAUTIFUL.

Ann English said...

A beautiful card, a touching and heartfelt post---you are a dear!

Renkata said...

Such a happy summer card. Great colours combo and the paper you use just gorgeous.

Tammy said...

This is so adorable! Love everything about it! So touching!

Sylvia Blum said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sylvia Blum said...

Lynda, this is amazing! LOVE all the glitter and your adorable coloring! And I'm a huge distressing fan, so I love what you did with the edges :)
{hugs} Sylvia

Anne said...

Lynda what lovely colours and such a beautiful card