July 29, 2010

Scrapping with The Greeting Farm - Jaci's Sketch

Greetings Everyone!  Today's Scrapbook challenge with The Greeting Farm brings out a little bit of  mixed emotions!  This marks the end of my term as a guest designer for TGF's Scrapbook team.  =(  But you know what they say, "All good things must come to an end".   Challenges will continue once a month, on each 2nd Thursday of EVERY MONTH..  So that means that the next challenge will be on August 12th.  Mark your calendars!  =)

I was asked to join the team a tad bit late but let me tell you, it was a FUN TIME with these girls, and the challenges and layouts have been SO MUCH FUN to work on.  How about those TGF Scrapbook kits, are they Rockin' or what?    It would be SOOOOO Cool to have a "School" themed kit, and Oh yeah for sure a "Christmas" or "Winter" themed kit, wouldn't it?   Oh well, it doesn't hurt to dream, does it?

Alright, enough of my rambling, this weeks challenge is a sketch by our very talented Jaci....  You're going to love this one, I know I did.  Here is her sketch.


It's a pretty awesome sketch right?  I know we can't wait to see what you'll do with it.

I decided to use a picture that I took of one of my friends girls swimming on the 4th of July.  Alyssa & Kelsee are such sweet girls, and believe it or not, I used to be Kelsee's babysitter when she was just a tiny tot.  LOL  I can't get over how grown up she is... headed to first grade already!
Okay enough of my memories....

This is what I did with their picture!

I just had to mix and match some Anya's in order to make a smaller version of that adorable "bikini Anya"  I really wanted the picture to resemble a picture that a kid might have,  usually wrinkled or torn.  ha ha....

I just HAD to add that pink butterfly from the Spotlight kit, since the girls love butterflies so much!  A tiny bit of sad news I received a couple of days ago....  Kelsee (the one sitting on her sisters shoulders) actually slipped and fell off of the ladder to the pool, and got hurt pretty bad.  Cut her forehead pretty badly,  had a concussion, and ended up with several stitches on her head.  My poor little Kelsee Doodle!!!

I'm hoping for a speedy recovery, and hopefully no major scars.  She's a tough little cookie and think she's handling things pretty well.  =)

Oh Well, that's all from me today.   I'm sitting here with my bottom lip sticking out, because I'm pouting... LOL  I just hate the feeling of an end to designing with TGF.  Marie and Jessica are so awesome, and I am so appreciative of the chance that they've given me to create with such an amazing group of girls.

I hope you'll all join in and play along with us this week.  We can't wait to see what you come up with for this awesome sketch.  I'm sure you're going to want to stop by the rest of the DT and see their amazing work, so they are linked below. 

Have a Spectacular Day!

Jessica Diedrich   -   Angie Blom
Claudette San Pedro      -      JoAnn Valderama
Jacilynn Cox      -     Jeannette Siciliani
Angela Sowell      -     Lysa Rohrer


No comments: