August 9, 2010

Belles 'n Whistles "Purple/Lilac" Challenge

Good Morning Everybody....  What a great weekend I had.  It's always fun going to a kids 16th birthday party!  Who knew it would be that much fun!  LOL  And LOOK... I even had time to create a new blog background and header bar for myself.  It's August, and I just felt like a change.... I used some of Elisabeth Bells Digi images, and even colored them digitally!  ALL work done for this was created right here on the computer.  Boy I've been having some fun practicing my "coloring and shading" in adobe photoshop!

But okay.... that's beside the point.... Elisabeth Bell is also the very talented artist behind our Belles 'n Whistles Stamps... so you'll want to be sure you use a BnW stamp for our challenges.  =)

Another week has gone by, and it's time once again for another fabulous Belles 'n Whistles Challenge.  This week, it was our sweet Rosette who has chosen the challenge for us.  We are simply supposed to use the colors "Purple/Lilac"  basically any shade of purple.... so that is what I did....

I used "A Child's Prayer" from the latest "Forever Young Collection" from Belles 'n Whistles.  What an absolute Sweetie she is, isn't she?  She looks so cute in purple too, don't you agree?

I know you can't really tell in this photo, but the ribbons on the side are actually a dark purple, and then the ric-rac across the card is a deep brown like the "paper buttons" that I made.  I love the brown and purples mixed.  But oh what a doll this little sweetie is as she's saying her bedtime prayers!

I colored her with copics, and added some dew drops for a little something extra.  The flowers are from Prima, and the lace was from my stash...

I hope you'll play along with us this week for this easy Belles 'n Whistles Challenge.  Of course I hope you'll upload your creations to Belles very own Photo Gallery as well... She's told me that I have to try to convince people to enter their amazing works of art in the gallery.  SHE LOVES to browse through the album.  =) 

For more amazing inspiration, you can visit ....

Rosette  -  Iris  -  Andrea  -  Lilian  -  Jodi

They have all done such a fabulous job with this challenge.  =)

Thanks for stopping in today, Wishing you all a VERY HAPPY MONDAY!

1 comment:

Tasha said...

So beautiful! Your colour work is gorgeous and the embelishing is fab
love tasha xx