July 4, 2011

Make Sure to Take Time To Smell the Flowers

Good Morning, and for all of my fellow Americans, wishing you all a safe and Happy 4th of July.  =)

Today I have a card to share with you.  You may or may not have noticed that I haven't posted on my blog in a little over a week.  Sadly I've been absent because of finding out that my older sister has been diagnosed with Stage 1 ovarian cancer.  Needless to say, surgery followed just a couple of days later, and to make a long story short, life has been a roller coaster for me over the last week.  On a good note, my sister as of right now is cancer free.  They removed it all, and all tests came back on a positive note.  She will start her chemo in 2 weeks. 

Unfortunately I have had no mojo what so ever.  I'm not just talking about crafting mojo, I mean that with all that has been going on this past week my brain has been in such a state that I spent more time just staring at things, rather than doing anything else.  However, coloring has been therapeutic for me... I have colored more than my fair share of stamped images, but just couldn't think clearly enough to actually use the images for anything.  I'm sure that I will use them in the future I suppose.  BUT... I decided that I CAN NOT allow myself to get to comfortable with this state of mind.   

I decided that I would create a card if it killed me.... I swear I have never EVER taken an entire day to put a card together....  This card was made for this weeks challenge over at the Belles 'n Whistles Challenge Blog.  Audhild has chosen the theme this week, and would like to see "Pearls & Flowers".  I chose the sentiment for this card simply because I think we never know what can happen, I think we tend to take the simplest of things for granted.  "Make Sure You Take Time To Smell The Flowers"

I used "A Fairy Nice Flower" from Belles 'n Whistles.  The Fairy collection designed by artist Elisabeth Bell can be found HERE.




I used my 2 favorite colors, and I truly enjoyed using all the lace/pearls AND the Flowers. 
Once I was finished I could finally sit back and enjoy looking at this.  I TRULY DO adore the art of Elisabeth Bell.  This little fairy certainly has put a smile on my face. 

Thanks so much for taking a look at my card, and if you're reading this far, thanks for taking the time to read my rambling.  I'm sorry for being absent over the last week or so....

1 comment:

coldwaters2 said...

OMG Linda this is stunning, I have spent so long just drinking in it's beauty, the colours, design and that image, ooooo, this is awesome.
Hugs
Lorraine x