December 19, 2011

How about some Cookies???

Wowee, only a week left until Christmas!!!  Are you all ready???  I don't think I will ever be ready.  But, that seems to be how it goes for me lately. 

Today we have a brand new challenge over at Belles 'n Whistles.  We'd love it if you joined us.  I know this time of year is hectic, but luckily the challenge runs for two weeks.  All you have to do, is create a card or project using "Warm Colors" and of course make sure you are using ANY of Elisabeth Bell's adorable stamps. 

I have a darling cookie tray to share with you today. 




I had so much fun painting, and then decorating this tray, I also brought it to a craft fair, and believe it or not, it was one of the first things that was sold.  I know the girl who bought it, so I know it's gone to a good home. I really hated to part with it, but you know how it is... How many things can I really keep???

I have found that after applying a good coat of Modge Podge, and allowing plenty of drying time, that I can then spray a thin coat of Shellac on it, and it will no longer have a slightly sticky feel. I also tested it out, and used a damp cloth to wipe it, and it works wonderfully.

I just had to put it to the test of "Cleaning"... Obviously, this is wood, and you wouldn't want to submerge it in dish water, but wiping it with a dish cloth that is damp doesn't do it any harm.

This tray was such a hit at the craft fair that I was at, that I ended up needing to make 2 more trays for someone else, because they also fell in love with it. Gotta love getting a special request, right?

I have also shared this tray on the Belles 'n Whistles Inspiration blog for today's "Advent" celebration.  You could win a holiday stamp from Belles 'n Whistles, if you stop over there, and enter your name.  It's that simple.  =)

I thought I would also enter this cute Christmas Cookie Tray into this weeks Challenge over at...
7 Kids College Fund - "Christmas Decorations"
Delightful Challenges - "Anything Goes"
Cute Card Thursday - "Stripes"
Anything Goes Challenge - "Anything Goes with the option of tags"

Thanks so much for visiting my blog today...  =)

5 comments:

Deb said...

Wow that is so cute, very clever altered tray!
Many thanks for joining in the Cute Card Thursday Challenge!
have a fabulous, festive day, Debxx

coldwaters2 said...

Wowzer Lynda this is fantastic what a wonderful idea so much love and work put into it and so worth it an excellent piece of work. I would like to wish you and your family a Happy Christmas and New Year.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Promosyon said...

Awesome,This one is really great work for the Christmas.Your art really great.I also exited to some do for the Christmas decorations.

Digi Darla said...

Wow Lynda this is great! Fabulous! Please visit my challenge blog and join our new Silver Christmas and Bakers at Digidarla.com

XXXDigidarla.

Mary Lou said...

SWEETNESS indeed!! So very cute Miss Lynda!!!!! I am still admiring my snowball on my tree and when my tree comes down it will be hanging on my lamp throughout winter~~THANKS DEARLY for this wonderful treasure!!!!!
Hugz and blessings