March 20, 2012

RAIN or SHINE.... Which one did I choose?

Wowee - we have just had the most GORGEOUS day here in NY State.  It was truly like a summer day.  However, I thought I would die from the heat that was in our classroom at the school I work at.  I think they need to get the central air flowing, that's for sure... 

alright, I just know you didn't come here for the latest weather report, did you?  ha ha....

I have a pretty cute little girl to share with you today.  I created this card for this weeks challenge over at the Elphine House Australia Challenge Blog.  The brand new challenge starts RIGHT NOW, and I'm sure there are going to be some adorable cards/projects entered there.  Do you own any stamps designed by Elisabeth Bell?  Why not ink one up, and join us???

This weeks challenge is "RAIN or SHINE"....  I couldn't resist using "Daisy" for my card, and of course wanted to give it a little bit of a "rainy" effect, so I used the beautiful parasol, which is a digital stamp from Elisabeth Bells Digital Collection.  A closer look would show that this parasol or umbrella has a "wet" look. 


I used copics for coloring, and Stampin up markers for my punched flowers, which I then sprayed with a mist of water to let the marker colors bleed a little bit....  Yes I actually did that on purpose!  LOL  I thought that this would be a great card for today, considering that today is the first official day of Spring....  =)

Challenges that I'm entering this card into are:

Papertake Weekly - Bingo
Simply Create Too - It's Spring
2 Sisters Challenge Blog - Spots & Dots

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh wow Lynda!! This is sooo gorgeous!! I love all of your pretty Spring colors and flowers!! A beautiful take with the challenge hun!! :)

Anonymous said...

She's gorgeous Lynda! Such lovely colours,very pretty card
hugs Julie P

Mary Lou said...

Hello Dearest Lynda~~wow so many peeps to visit and I just want to get yardwork done but today I needed to stop in and say "HI"!!!!!!!!!! Daisy with her unbrella is so dern adorable :) I always love your detail and abundance of beauty in all you do!!!! I really enjoy how you doodle on your creations--very neat!!!!!
Happiness and love
Mary lou

Janneke said...

Ow what a great card Lynda ;o)
Love how you made the image with the umbrella and Daisy, and your colors are so awesome ;o)

Hugs, Janneke ♥

Marjo said...

Gorgeous spring card Lynda!...we had snow here...lol Thanks for playing with us at Simply Create Too.

hugs Marjo

Michele Roos said...

This is such a gorgeous card Lynda. I love how you added the umbrella to the adorable Daisy image and the colours also. Hugs Michele x

gift ideas for men said...

Ohhh Its very beautiful and lovely card. I like this colour combination so much. as well as I love this image with umbrella so much.

DianeMoneyGoolsby said...

Lynda: wonderful Spring card--love the to cute image. Thank you for entering Simply Create Too's Challenge #9--"It's Spring???"

Diane
Simply Create Too Design Team Member
http://DianesDigitalDesigns.blogspot.com/

Ribbon Girl said...

Lovely card and thank you for joining in with this weeks Papertake Weekly challenge. Mary G x

coldwaters2 said...

Brilliant card Lynda how fantastic to team Daisy with the umbrella, the colours, papers, flowers and design look superb.
hugs
Lorraine x

Jacki Daniels said...

this card is stunning Daisy is my all time fav stamp and I love what you have done with her adding the brolly gorgeous
Jacki xx