September 30, 2012

A Boys Birthday Wish

Just a quick post from me today.  I thought I would share a birthday card that I made for one of our special needs students in class.  He has a birthday on Tuesday, and LOVES to play baseball, so why not make him a card that's made especially for him???

I'm sorry to say, that I didn't embellish as much as I would have liked to, but when it comes to the kids at the school I work at, you never know if the card will end up destroyed during a fit of temper.  I know I should always put my heart in my work, but when I know about the behaviors that our special needs kids sometimes have, I just can't bring myself to get to detailed in anything that I make for them.  Regardless of that situation, I do know that our little friend will enjoy this just as it is.  =)


I used Tuesdays Child from Mo's Digital Pencil and colored him with Copics, using some of our students favorite colors.


I'm sorry about the picture quality, it seems that since moving, I am having a lot of trouble finding just the right place to photograph my cards.  It drives me completely nuts!  ha ha...  So I will keep trying new places I suppose.  One day I'm bound to get it right!  Right?  LOL I followed the sketch for Sketch Saturday this week, as well as following the "Ribbon and Bows" challenge over at Mo's DP2 Challenge.  So I thought I may as well enter both challenges.  =)

Thanks for stopping by and taking a look. 


3 comments:

debby4000 said...

Fabulous card Lynda.
luv
Debby

Franz♥ said...

What a cute card Linda! Love this lovely image and the sentiment is wonderful!

Hugs, Franz.

Unknown said...

Great card Lynda and such a perfect use of our sketch. Love your fab colours and colouring! Thanks for much for joining the challenge at Sketch Saturday this week. Best wishes, Trish x