January 25, 2013

A Vintage Valentine

Wowee - It's the 25th of the month already, January is almost over!!!  We've got a brand new challenge over at Elisabeth Bells World beginning today! 
This month the challenge is to create a "vintage valentine"  - So come on, grab your favorite Elisabeth Bell stamp or digi, and play along with us in this fun challenge. 

We'd love to see what kind of vintage creation you can come up with.
You've got almost a whole month to play, and we'd love to see your entries.
 
 
 
I have to admit, I struggled just a little bit with this challenge!
First, I was unsure which fabulous stamp or digi I wanted to use, and that would work perfectly for a Vintage Valentine, I chose to use "My Prince" from Elisabeth Bells Digital Collection.  Next I had a hard time picking papers, when I finally did, I decided I would use my copics to color this beauty in all shades of brown/beige. 

Honestly while I was coloring, I had my doubts, and thought I would end up re-coloring a new image, but once I placed this fabulous Digi all colored on the papers, it all just seemed to come together for me.  It taught me a little lesson!
"Never doubt yourself, give it your best shot, and see what happens"
I used dies from Magnolia for the edge border, tag, and flowers. I think that was a huge plus for helping to make this look a bit vintage.
Going Vintage is definitely NOT my thing, but I do admit that I love the outcome.

Challenges I've Entered:

 




9 comments:

Carla S. said...

Gorgeous vintage valentine, Lynda! I love the colors and papers you chose! Wonderful coloring of the sweet image!

Pami said...

Gorgeous card Lynda!! Beautiful colours! Pami x

Vicky said...

A gorgeous card, thanks for sharing it with us at Inky Impressions this week

hugs Vicky xxx

Mian said...

Gorgeous card with so many lovely details and the cutest image!

Thank you so much for sharing your creativity with us this fortnight at Simply Create Too.
Best of luck and we'd love to have you visit again!

Mian
Simply Create Too Design Team Member
http://mianspysselhorna.blogspot.com

Rene said...

My goodness what an adorable image!!! I just love your card...it's gorgeous! Thank you so much for joining us at Creative Inspirations this week! Good luck and I hope to see you back soon!
Rene ;D

Scrappin Sista said...

Awwh what a cute card!! Thank you for playing along with Brown Sugar this week!! Hope you decide to play along with us again!! Good luck!!
Alice B.

Unknown said...

I love that image - it is so darn cute!! and what a lush card - thanks for playing at Inky Impressions this week xx

Lucy Patrick said...

What a beautiful card Lynda, love the vintage feel. Thanks for joining in the fun at The Paper Shelter this week, good luck in the draw, XOX Lucy

Vicky said...

Fantastic card thanks for joining us on brown sugar, hugs Vicky