April 22, 2010

Phindy's goes Retro

 Good Morning everyone!  I'm so sorry for my decrease in posting lately.  Things at my job have been so hectic and have me completely worn out.  There is nothing worse than trying to keep a classroom of behavioral kids in control.  Sometimes I think I still hear their tantrums while I'm sleeping at night. Honestly, I think I spent 2 evenings this week sitting on the couch and snoozing.  What a waste of precious craft time.  (ha ha)  But guess what?  I do have something for you to feast your eyes on today.I thought I'd post a card today with an image that I think is just priceless!

Phindy has been drawing some adorable new images in the "Retro" theme.  If you haven't seen them yet, you can see a few of them over on the new Phindy's Personal Blog

The image I've used for my card today is called "Spring Breeze".  So in sticking to that retro feel, I decided to keep things looking simple.  I'm picturing things in the 50's maybe, so in order to make even my papers look retro I decided to use solid colors, and stamp them with Stampin' Up's "Petite Backgrounds" stamps. 
I only used one DP on this one.  

I also decided I would paper piece all the articles of laundry.  (Also stamped to match the other papers.)


This would make a perfect card for any time of year when you simply want to say Thanks, but could also be used for a Mothers Day Card. 

I kept the flower simple, and added some eyelets to tie in just a little more yellow for the image.

I was almost thinking that I would post this card tomorrow for the new challenge over at the Phindy's Place Challenge Blog, but then decided rather than posting 2 cards tomorrow, I would post one today.

I bet you are wondering what the challenge will be tomorrow aren't you?  Can you figure it out?   I can't wait for you to see my card for tomorrow, I love it, and I think you will too.

We hope to see you all participating this week.  It's FUN & SIMPLE... I promise!
Thanks so much for stopping by, and sticking with me when I haven't been posting so much these days.
Have a SUPER Day - and I will try to do the same!

4 comments:

Tammy said...

Such a beautiful card, Lynda!!

Jodi said...

Lynda, perfect image for those of us who are always doing laundry! I love the layout and colors you used for her!
Hugs
Jodi=)

debby4000 said...

Fabulous card Lynda, love the colours and the wonderful image.
luv
Debby

Tasha said...

Wow this is beautiful, great colour combo and the eyelets are a fab touch
love tasha xx