April 16, 2010

Phindy's Place Challenge #1....

Greetings everyone!  Happy Friday to you!!!
Can you believe it's Friday already?  Where has this week gone?  I can honestly say that I haven't spent much time crafting this week, since I seem to have been completely exhausted after work this week!  It's crazy!

I thought I had better make sure to get my card posted right away for the VERY First challenge from Phindy's Place Challenge Blog.  The challenge is a pretty easy one, with the theme of "Anything Goes".  All that is required is that you use a Phindy's image. Can it possibly get any easier than that?  Ohhhhh and guess what?  If you don't have any Phindy's images, you can get a few freebies from Phindy's Place on Paper Craft Planet.  So it shouldn't be so hard for you to grab one, and play along.  You can make up to 5 cards or whatever, and have 5 chances at winning in the random draw.  More details can be found on the side bar on the challenge blog.  =)

Okay so my card for this very memorable 1st challenge was made using Phindy's "Flower Top Fairy - Mushroom Minx"  I just LOVE LOVE LOVE her, and had a blast creating this card.



Isn't she angelic? I colored her with Copic Markers, and added a little clear glitter glue to her wings.  In real life, they sparkle and look so realistic!  Not only that, but the little mushrooms in the picture are not truly part of this image.  I combined some of the mushrooms from Phindy's Soup Border image just to give this already adorable image a little something extra.  =)

The papers I used are from K&Company as well as a couple shades of green from DCWV.  Last but not least, I added some Prima Flowers.

What do you think?  I hope you love her as much as I do! 

We have an amazing DT over at Phindy's Place Challenge Blog. I thought I would post some links so you can easily go and check out the rest of the DT's amazing work.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope to see you playing along with us.  We'd love to see what you create!


13 comments:

Sue said...

Hi Lynda
aww gorgeous card, what a super cute image, great colouring, pretty papers & layout, sue,x

Tammy said...

Your card is just darling, Lynda!! I really love the soft colors that you used. Awesome job!!!

Annika said...

She is exactly the sort of angelic who gets up to all sorts of mischief once your back is turned.
Gorgeous card!
Love your work!
TFS
Hugs
Annika

Jane Wetzel said...

so darn cute! love your card for the challenge!

Ann English said...

Adorable! Perfect colors for such a sweet little fairy!

Jessica Diedrich said...

What pure sweetness! I LOVE this card and that image is adorable! beautifully colored, too!

mycardz said...

Hi Lynda! This is my new favorite image from Phindy and wow, you've done an awesome job with her! Your coloring is perfect and I LOVE the colors you chose. Very very pretty card! hugz, Mary

Anne said...

What a perfect spring card Lynda! Perfect colouring and love all those gorgeous flower embellies!

Victoria said...

this is so gorgeous x

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous card Lynda, love the sweet image.
luv
Debby

Anne-Marije said...

Wow what a fab card! I love the image...
xxx Anne-Marije

Sylvia Blum said...

Fantastic card creation, Lynda! I'm a huge fan of your cards and your coloring is always amazing! I have this image myself but am not able to such fab coloring as you did here!
Just gorgeous!
{hugs} Sylvia

Anonymous said...

What a sweet card! Your coloring is amazing! The little mushrooms you added are the perfect touch. Beautiful!!