October 15, 2010

Phindy's Place Friday Challenge ...Do you have what it takes?

 Happy Happy Friday!!!  I should be thankful that this week was a short week for me at work, but for some reason it feels as though this week has lasted forever!!!

Anyway, today's challenge over on the Phindy's Place Challenge Blog is called "Fancy Folds" which means, make a card that is not your standard card.  Get creative and use a unique folding technique.  I know you can do it! 

I really had a lot of fun with this challenge.  I went with the criss-cross fold style card.  Using one of Phindy's Christmas Cuties.  This one is called "Delivery Man" ... Isn't he adorable?


This is just the outer part, it has a pull out insert inside that matches. 


As you may notice, my lace is partly folded in the center, I wouldn't want you to think that I made a mistake.  I did that on purpose, because I wanted a somewhat "Shabby" look.  I don't even know if that's the word I'm looking for, but I think you know what I mean?  I didn't want everything to be perfect.  LOL 

It's hard to see the red stickles that I have around the white part of the inner card.  But in real life, this is so cool looking.  I have red stickles on the tassles of this little Cuties hat, on his scarf, (on both images) and of course around the border of the inner card. 

By the way, can I just say how hard it was for me to color that inner card?  TINY??? OMG...  I was a nervous wreck, but I finally completed it...  LOL

I hope you'll join us for this very fun challenge this week at Phindy's Place Challenge Blog.

Thanks so much for stopping by =)

5 comments:

Philomena said...

Lynda, was a FABULOUS job you did on this card! I love the pull out insert and the sentiment you used. Your coloring of the image is amazing and all the details you added are just charming. Wonderful work!
(BTW - congrats on your TGF win!)

Cec said...

I love the shape of this card. I can it being used as a gift card holder. The papers are fabulous as is your colouring.
Hugs!
Cec

Shazza said...

Lynda this car is fabulous and the image is just adorable.
I received my Belles & Whistles image that I won today, thank you very much x

CraftyC said...

This is gorgeous Lynda, I love these style cards and yours is beautifully embellished!
Clairexx

Anne said...

This is adorable and wow you coloured that tiny image to perfection! Love the lace you've used too
Anne
x