October 16, 2011

A Little Alteration to share....

Good afternoon my blogging friends!  I thought I'd stop and make a post sharing the card I just finished making.  We have a student in our school who's birthday is actually TODAY, so tomorrow when he arrives at school, he will have a very special handmade card just for him.  I think he's going to love it.

However, I say "A Little Alteration" simply because the image you are about to see is actually NOT the complete image.  I used half of an adorable digi from Mo's Digital Pencil, but needed to do a tiny bit of altering to remove the other half.    Of course after removing the little guy, I needed to fill in the blank spaces on the back of the bigger boys pants.  Ohhhhhh never mind my explaining, why don't I just show you.  ha ha...


OHHHH and I just noticed something.... Even I used the color Yellow for this boy... Not even planned, how funny is that?


But now I think you can see what "Little Alteration" that I did.  What's a girl to do, when they need just One little guy, not Two? 

I've followed this weeks Sketch for Sketch Saturdays Challenge.  And of course the challenge over at Mo's Digital Pencil is a theme of "Inspired by a Song".... Definitely this had me humming "Happy Birthday" for most of the time I was making it.  So I guess this qualifies then... ha ha.  But.... That's not all, My Mum's Craft Shop Challenge Blog has the same type of challenge...so Of Course I have to enter there, don't I?    Not only that but Truly Scrumptious has a challenge going on that wants to see your "Distressing". 

So there you have it, I've made it into 4 challenges with this one card this week.  Who knew???  ha ha

Now I'm off to take a nice Sunday afternoon nap.
Thanks so much for stopping in and taking a peek.  =)
Hugs,
Lynda

9 comments:

Elaine L. said...

Your card is wonderful, Lynda! I always love blue and yellow together, and I like the distressing and faux stitching, too! Glad you joined us in Mo's Challenge.

Penni said...

Gorgeous card Lynda - I do love the blue and yellow together.

Hugs
Penni
X

coldwaters2 said...

This is totally FAB Lynda the card design, colours and that image are super, the boy will love it for sure.
Hugs
lorraine x

Cathy said...

Humming Happy Birthday while making the card totally works. Lovely card, he will really appreciate it. Thanks for playing the Mo's Challenge!!

debby4000 said...

Oh this is fabulous Lynda, great colour combo too.
luv
Debby

Salma said...

Wonderful card!

The Crafty Blonde said...

Fabulous card, stunning design. Thanks for joining us at My Mums Craft Shop this week.
Lyndsey xx

Pat said...

Oh Lynda...I think your alterations are perfect! And...I just love this card...I have no doubt the young man who receives this will be absolutely delighted!! Your coloring is soooo pretty! So glad you've joined us this week at Mo's!! Hugs. Pat Frank

BrossArtAddiction said...

Oh very, very cute! Great one for the boys! Thanks for joining us this week at Sketch Saturday and Good luck! :D

Hugz & TFS,
xx Tracey/SS-DT xx