July 28, 2014

A little bit "Vintage"


Happy Monday crafting friends....  

I thought I'd share a creation here today just for fun....  

I really fell in love with the fabulous Digi image from The Paper Shelter, and just couldn't resist making this card for my step mother who sews all sorts of things, as well as quilting.  This is just the PERFECT card for her.

Needless to say, She absolutely LOVED it!  I hope you will too.


The papers I've used are from both DCWV, and Stampin' Up.  I love the blue/yellow color combination.  It's not a color mix that I use often enough.  I've used Copic markers and Prisma Colored Pencils for coloring this fabulous "retro" image.  And what fun it was to color, too!!!
I created my own "Spool of thread" embellishment out of a simple piece of cardboard, wrapped in needlepoint type of thread, and a few straight pins.  The flowers were punched from my EKSuccess Retro flower punches, and the rest is just odds and ends I found in my stash.


Challenges I've entered:

That's all from me today..
Thanks for stopping by!


4 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Lynda this is delightful for sure, reminds me on mum's old treddle machine which we still have must be over 60yrs old...awesome card.xxThe Journey is the Start

Pulsatilla said...

WOW - your card is so beautiful!!! Thanks for joining us at Bearly Mine Design!!! hugs, ANDREA

Billie A said...

Awh what a great card. I love the embellishments you used to stay with the sewing. Beautiful card. Thanks for joining us at Paper Makeup.

*Vicki* said...

Hello my friend!! I was absolutely THRILLED when I saw your name in my comments! :) So glad you stopped by and I hope to be able to see you around blog land!!

Your card is absolutely darling! Love the sewing theme and I'm sure your MIL will love it!! HUGS