August 19, 2014

Recycle and Re-use Challenge



Hello there everyone... What a crazy month this has been.  I haven't been on my blog that often, but hopefully that will start to change...  I've got a few things to share with you over the next week or so....

Don't forget that Friday of this week is The Digi Bells Blog Hop.....  You won't want to miss it.

Okay, on with today's post.  I've created a little Boo-Boo Box for this months Elphine House Australia Challenge - The Challenge theme is "Recycle and Re-use"  This could mean that you are making something out of something that might otherwise have gone in the garbage, OR, you could re-purpose odds and ends to embellish your cards etc.  Basically if it's had another use, we want to see what else you can do with it....

I've used "Evania - Nursing Boo Boo" from Elphine House Australia's online store... to help me create this very cute little Boo Boo Box.  The perfect place to keep all those cute cartoon character band-aides and maybe some medical tape and small scissors.  Lets not forget the Neosporin.  I couldn't live without that.  LOL

You will never believe what I've used to create this box. I've decided to re-purpose the tin that my Zutter Distress it all came in.  I knew there was a reason I held onto this box.  It has been the perfect box to work with for my Boo Boo Box.



and here is another angle of the box.



I've used Copics for coloring my image, as well as the flourishy branches, which are actually a "Memory Box, Lavish Corner" Die.   The ribbon that is tucked under the image was a mistake that I made, but never threw away the ribbon, so I guess that counts as recycling as well.  The pink mesh is from a Shower Scrunchie (a clean one) LOL  Such fun things you can find to use...  That's the whole fun in crafting, isn't it?

So what types of things can you find to recycle or re-use????  We'd love to have you join us in this months challenge over at Elphine House Australia.


Challenges I've entered:



4 comments:

Lisa said...

Very cute and creative Lynda!
Thanks for joining us at Papertake Weekly :)

Mary Lou said...

Very clever lynda:)) You just proved to me once again to NEVER throw anything away......can always find a reason to use!LOL
Hugs

*Vicki* said...

AW!! That is VERY special boo boo box Lynda!! :) What a great idea for the grand-kids to have around!! This is so sweet with the flowers and ribbon trims!! I have a tin and hope to be able to do something clever with it to join in! ;) HUGS

Kym's Crafty Cards said...

What a gorgeous decorated box you have made here. It fits our challenge this month well of “Anything goes”. Thanks for taking part and good luck. Best wishes, Kym (Bearly Mine Challenge Blog Design Team Leader)