November 20, 2009

TGF - "Farm Fresh Friday" - No Designer Paper Challenge -- OH MY!!!!


Happy Friday
... I'm jumping for joy
that I can finally say T.G.I.F.
What a week this has been!

It's another Farm Fresh Friday over at
The Greeting Farm Blog
and our lovely Kadie has decided to REALLY
challenge us this week saying we
ARE NOT TO USE ANY DESIGNER PAPERS
While Jessica was breaking out in hives,
I had a quick solution to the problem.
See Jessica?  It's no sweat!

What I did to get around this little challenge,
was to take 3 different shades of textured
cardstock, and use stamps to decorate the paper.
Hey, they didn't say we couldn't stamp all over our
plain paper, did they?  No hives here!

I decided that I didn't have many boys birthday cards,
so this challenge worked perfect for making a card for a boy.
I used the VERY adorable little Max from
the new Twinkle Tots Collection!

- Take a look -


Awwww, isn't he just too cute?
I just want to pinch his little cheeks!

So you see my plain colored paper, all stamped up,
and the edges are inked a little to add even more detail.
I used a decorative edge scissor to cut the background paper
and the strip across the card, and ta-dah, it looked great!
Do you recognize the layout?
It is actually a Greeting Farm - Farm Fresh Friday Sketch
from ages ago, and it just so happens that it worked
perfectly for what I had in mind.

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you'll join in
and take this cool challenge.
I'd love to see what you create!

Have a GREAT Weekend!



10 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

Perfect, who knew we could make a card with no DP!! Awesome job.

Sandra MacLean said...

You did a great job Lynda!! I think Kadie wanted us to go 'old school' for a while to see how we used to do things! And while that was fun...I'm ready to have my patterned paper back now! LOL Have a great weekend Lynda!

Kim said...

Adorable little boy card, gorgeous coloring as usual!

kadie said...

Lynda, you did a FABulous job with this challenge!! He is so cute, you're right, I want to pinch his cheeks! I LOVE how you stamped your own DP!! Awesome! HUGS

Gabby said...

Perfect no DP creation! Who needs DP sometimes right? Don't let Amy hear me say that...lol.

Thanks for the warm welcome to TGF!

debby4000 said...

Oh what a cute little chap, fabulous card.
luv
Debby

Lisa said...

Lynda,

We sure did dress Max the same. You know what they say about great minds and all.... Lovely card!

Hugs,
Lisa

Unknown said...

lynda...this is so fun! love the patterns and designs on your handmade dp, and of course i love that little max! :) great job!

Kit said...

love your card.

Jessica Diedrich said...

yeah, yeah yeah...ok, seriously it wasn't THAT bad haha. Your card??? OMG! GORGEOUSNESS!! LOVE THIS!!!!