April 14, 2010

Getting Back into a little bit of Scrapbooking


Please see the Post below this one for the
Phindy's Place Blog Hop. 
(Ends Thursday)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Goodmorning....  Just a quick post from me today.  I thought I would share my latest scrapbook page with you all.  I always have such trouble trying to think of new things to use for a BOY!  It's crazy, because you just can't embellish the way you would if you had a girl.  ha ha....

I decided to take a digital stamp from The Greeting Farm, (Marina Neira Collection) and enlarge it.  The one I used is actually a freebie on the TGF blog

I altered the bear from being a New Years Baby, to just a plain old bear.  Hoping he doesn't look too baby like.  LOL
I then set out to create my page using stars and paw prints for my sons first ever Honorable Mention.  If you only knew how proud I was (am) of him for getting this far.  He's struggled with serious ADHD for years, so this was quite the accomplishment. 

Okay, I suppose I have to get myself to work, even though I'd rather stay home and work on more scrapbook pages, but you know how it goes....  I wouldn't be able to "Play" if I didn't work first.

The funny thing about the paw prints I placed around the page is that the school's mascot is a cougar, and there are always paw prints on everything around the school.  So this worked out well. I cut the stars and brackets out using my Cricut.  I have found that using my cricut for scrapbooking stuff is easier than using it for making cards.  So that is a machine that I have not used a whole lot lately, but getting back into using it more now that I'm working on scrapbooks again. 

Thanks for stopping by.
Have a Wonderful Wednesday!!!

4 comments:

Tammy said...

What an absolutely FUN LO girl!! Love it!!

~*Joni said...

What a wonderful accomplishment for your son!! (And yay for you and the SB page!!) The colors are so happy and proud Lynda, and the baby bear is perfect to celebrate this great milestone. I love seeing all of your new blog layouts - you should consider doing this as a side business!!!
Hugs and happy day to you! :D

Mina said...

huge congratulations to your Son Lynda tell him well done from me...this is something I have never tried, scrapbooking, stunning layout and isnt that strange about the cougar prints
Mina xxx

Tasha said...

This is adorable Lynda, such a fabulous layout
love taha xx