June 22, 2010

My Belles 'n Whistles Birthday Calendar page

 Happy Tuesday Everyone!  I'm definitely happy that it's Tuesday.  Only 2 days left of school for our school, and then I get a week and a half of free time.  But... then it's back to school for the 6 week summer program... But I try not to think about that just yet... ha ha

Alright, as many of you may know, we (the Belles 'n Whistles DT) have been making a birthday calendar page each month, and we usually try to show some of them around the 20th of each month.  Okay, so this month is a couple of days late....  But that's okay, because NOW we have a challenge to post each Monday.  Have you all been playing along?  I sure hope so!  I've really been enjoying seeing your entries...

Okay, so today, over on the Belles 'n Whistles blog, our lovely Kathrin is showing you some June Birthday Calendar pages... You'll definitely want to stop over there and check them out.  But since you are here, I will show you the one I made for JUNE.

Even though we have new Belles 'n Whistles images now, I still wanted the month of June to be these two little cuties in the little paddle pool.  "Splashing Good Times" is a perfect image to use for this month, don't you think?



I tried to keep the layout as simple as possible, mainly because I used that awesome background paper, and didn't want to cover to much of it up.  Isn't that butterfly gorgeous?  The paper is from "Me & My Big Ideas".  I love it!

I cut the letters that say "JUNE" on my cricut, and then colored them with copics, so I could shade them that way.  I'm always looking for something new to try.  I love how they turned out.

I opted not to use many raised embellishments, because honestly I've been thinking ahead, of when I will actually put this calendar together, I would want the pages to lay fairly smooth, and not be bulky.   Actually, what I should have been doing all along, is creating multiple pages of each month, so by the end of the year, just in time for Christmas, I could give a birthday reminder calendar to each of my sisters.  I bet they'd love that....  You see????  I'm always thinking.... 

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed my calendar for this month. 
Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

coldwaters2 said...

Oh this is gorgeous loving the paper and that image is perfect for summertime great page Lynda
Hugs
lorraine x

debby4000 said...

Oh this is gorgeous and so perfect for the month of June.
luv
Debby