July 8, 2010

The Greeting Farm's "Summer TIME" themed Scrapbook Challenge

Good Morning, and Happy Thursday!  It's hard to believe it's Thursday already.  My how TIME Flies when you're hmmmm, working???  LOL

Alright, this week we have an awesome Scrapbook challenge for you over at The Greeting Farm's Blog.  I have to say this one was TRULY a challenge for me....  It's Jeanettes idea.... So if you get stumped like I did, you can blame her!  LOL

Okay are you ready???  It's all in the TITLE....  You simply need to create a layout using any TGF stamps that you wish to use and create a Summer TIME layout.  Get it???  TIME???  Incorporate  CLOCKS, or WATCHES, basically anything to do with TIME...

Like I said, I really had to think long and hard about this one.  I have never, and I mean NEVER EVER found a reason to incorporate clocks, unless of course it was a New Year card.  But for a scrapbook page???  Hmmmmm, what on earth was I going to do?  TIME was running out!  I knew I needed to complete this layout over the holiday weekend, but I still had NO IDEA what to use, or even what pictures to use.....

I was sitting on the edge of my bed putting my walking shoes on, getting ready to go for my 4 mile walk on Friday morning of last week.  I looked up, and something caught my eye.  It was a picture of my son when he had turned 6 months old.  I had it in a small frame, even though it was only a snap shot.  HOLY COW... it hit me like a ton of bricks.  So while I was on my 4 mile walk, I thought it all through....  and.... When returning, I summoned my son....   We had a new picture to take.... But not before I made him get out that yellow baby quilt.... LOL  His exact words were... "Oh man, this is so gay"  What a party pooper... but he did allow me to take the picture, of course he had all he could do not to laugh at me when I did it....

This is what I came up with.........




The TIMING couldn't have been better too.  It just so happens that my son is now at the half way mark of his 15th year!

I took one of the flowers from the Sunshine kit, and enlarged it, and added some clock hands.  Isn't it cute?  Do you see that little baby Ian sitting there?  And of course I had to do a little altering to the the dragon fly, I wanted him to be dragging a pocket watch, so it looked like TIME was flying....  I used the Dad from the "Mom & Dad" set as well, and then the tiny sentiment in the circle on the bottom is from the Oliver & Amelia set called "My Favorite Thing". 

I just HAD to use that little sentiment, because even though it doesn't show in the picture, the outfit that my son was wearing when he was 6 months old, actually said "My Favorite Things" on the front, and showed pictures like a baseball, bat, and a baseball glove.  So it couldn't have been more perfect.  I created the sentiment at the top that says "Where has the Time Gone" on my computer.

Ohhh, last but not least.... Oh you're going to just love this one....  Do you see that blue tape, with the stars stamped on it?  The borders of the pictures????  LOL  You better be ready, I'm sure you'll laugh....  THAT IS PAINTERS TAPE.... The kind that won't peel the paint off the walls when someone is painting and doing corners and edging.  LOL.  I stamped it with the stars from TGF's Spotlight Kit, and then trimmed the tape to 1 inch width, and used it....  What a wacko, but Hey, I had just used that tape, and then inspected it, and thought... "Hey... I bet I could use this for something crafty"  well.... this was a perfect opportunity.

The Other TGF stamps that I  used are The journaling tag from "The Spotlight Kit" and the border from "The Sunshine Kit"


Alrighty then... now that I've written a book here.  I think I'll stop my chattering.... But you know me, I always have a story to tell and this time was no different....  Lots of old memories, and new ones went into this layout! 

I never thought I was going to be able to handle this challenge, but I'm glad I did.  I absolutely LOVE this page!  =)

Thanks for stopping by today....  You can find more awesome DT inspiration by visiting:

3 comments:

Jessica Diedrich said...

Love your layout and LOVE your post re: TIMING ;) Such a cute, well written entry my dear! <3 this!

Jacilynn said...

What great colors! super bright and pretty page.
x

JoAnn V. (http://joboogie.typepad.com) said...

How fun! Love your layout! :)