September 12, 2010

Cute Card Thursday #129 and Sketch Saturday #120 Challenges

Hello out there in blog land.... 
I have a card to show you this evening since I really needed a card for my cousins birthday.
Now, considering he's a grown man, it's really difficult to find something that is not so "cute"  I swear the stamping world needs more for the "grown up" men in our lives.  Women don't mind cutsie images, but grown men, I tend to think are not going to say "Awwww, that's so cute!"  ha ha....

So I decided to use an image by Kenny K.  I am really liking many of his images, simply because they are versitile and can be use for the "older" guys.  I decided to go with Kenny's "Hockey" digi stamp.

This week "Cute Card Thursdays challenge" is to use a "Play on Words" type of sentiment, so of course that is what I did, instead of saying "Happy Birthday" I have "Hockey Birthday".  My cousin is a big Chicago Blackhawks fan.  Naturally that sentiment would work great for him, and coloring the image in the tradition Blackhawk team colors.  With Hockey season just around the corner now, he's going to love this I'm sure.

I decided to follow this weeks "Sketch Saturday Challenge" for this because the sketch would work perfectly for this "tough guy" hockey image. 


The sentiment here was computer generated, and the blue star under the yellow stars was simply hand cut out.  The yellow smiling stars are from The Greeting Farm's "Spotlight" Scrapbook kit.  I think that this is the perfect embellish for this masculine style card.

Anywho..... Thanks so much for stopping in and taking look...

3 comments:

girlia said...

I love it. Very creative

Leonie said...

Beautiful card, great take on the sketch!
Thanks for playing along at Sketch Saturday!

Leonie xx

Knerten said...

Great card, Lynda, and today is your birthday !! Congrats :-)