August 23, 2011

I Scream for ice cream

Hello out there in Blogland.... 
I haven't posted in a few days, I've been busy busy busy...  It's my vacation time, and I haven't left the house, BUT... I've been getting some much needed organizational time, as well as some nice long afternoon naps.  Ahhhh, I love a long afternoon nap now and then...   No nap for me today though...  I have to get things done, as well as scheduling this post, I will be out for dinner with my hubby, to celebrate our 8 year anniversary.  Hmmmm, wonder where he's taking me.... 

Anyway... This weeks challenge over at


“I Scream,
You Scream....
We All Scream For ICE CREAM”

All you need to do to enter this challege is simply to use any stamp designed by Elisabeth Bell, and incorporate Ice Cream...  The prize for this weeks challenge is not only One, but TWO stamps of YOUR choice from

In following the "Ice Cream" theme I used "Tell Tail Ice Cream" from Elphine House , and designed by the very talented Ms. Elisabeth Bell herself.  Ohhhh that girl and her talent.  AMAZING!  That's all I can say!

If you've been on the Elphine House Challenge Blog, you may have noticed that our DT all seemed to use this very same image.  (I almost knew we would)  it's PERFECT for this challenge.
Except for Kathy and her creative mind... Wow, you should see what she's created!

Anyway, here is my mini card, and ice cream treat holder.




I didn't really have a template for an ice cream cone, however, I did have a template for an Icicle Treat Box, that I did some altering to.  You can find it here.

I used my embossing folders and my cuttlebug to create the waffle cone appearance. 
I had so much fun making this little ice cream cone.
Of couse if you are going to give someone a gift in a cute little box like this, then you would need a card to match, right? 
Using the same embossed paper, inked with distress ink, you can see here where I used my nestabilities and my very adorable Elphine House Stamp to create the matching card.

I hope this inspires you to give it a try.  If you do, I'd love for you to tell me, so I can check it out.

I am also entering this into these challenges:





6 comments:

Kathy said...

Lynda I just adore this card and ice cream box!!!!! Such a brilliant idea to do that embossing!!! Looks fabulous!! Also your coloration is awesome! I so would love to do clouds like that but it is so hard with the distress inks! LOL Oh well ~ someday (when the girls are all grown) I will get some nice markers!! LOL
Hope you enjoyed your night :)Kathy

Anonymous said...

Lynda, this is just tooo stinkin' CUTE!! Love your ice cream box and this image has stolen my heart!! :) SIGH!!

Janiel/ janny said...

Now just how cute is that!!!!!!!!!!!!
You are always so creative!!

big hugs, Janiel

coldwaters2 said...

What a brilliant project Lynda I love that icicle box and that image so so cute and adorable, this is excellent work.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Sharon Caudle said...

Oh this is FABULOUS and soooo ADORABLE!! Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful talent with us at Papertake Weekly and hope you enjoy us again soon!
hugs, Sharon

jojoscraps said...

Hi Lynda
Another beautiful creation you have here! Your coloring is perfect as always and I love the ice cream cone gift box. Thanks for sharing it with us at Stamps R Us Challenges.
Jo xx