October 10, 2011

Art Journaling meets Belles 'n Whistles....

Happy Monday!  And for all of my American Friends, "Happy Columbus Day"  Strange to say maybe, but I'm not opposed to having a day off of work.  So I don't mind at all that our friend Christopher Columbus sailed West from Spain, in search of India, and found America in the year 1492.... Because now, here I sit having a holiday.  Boy don't I think I'm something?  ha ha....

Anyway....  Today we have a brand new challenge over at the Belles 'n Whistles Challenge Blog.  Our lovely Elise has chosen the challenge this week, and she wants to see what you choose to use....  The Challenge is "Use your favorite Elisabeth Bell Stamp or Digi"  Of course our DT is showing our favorite Belles 'n Whistles stamps.  I just HAD to use more than one, I couldn't decide.... But I DO KNOW that when looking at the stamps, and choosing my favorites, I always seemed to be drawn to the ones with Teddy Bears.  Hmmmm, why doesn't that surprise me?  I've always loved adorable Teddy Bears.

I decided that I would NOT be creating a card for this weeks challenge, but rather, an Art Journaling Spread.  I have 2 reasons for doing this....  Normally each week I'm creating some sort of Art Journaling spread for a class I've been involved in over at The Greeting Farm.  Lucky for me, it's not a requirement for me to use their stamps for the class.  I have before, but I have also used other stamps as well.  Last week I found out just how BEAUTIFUL some of the Belles 'n Whistles Stamps look on these Art Journaling pages.  Since time was getting away from me this weekend, and needing to conserve on time, I decided to use my Favorite Belles 'n Whistles stamps with this weeks Art Journaling Class using "Water Coloring"  I can tell you, that water coloring is just NOT my thing...  I can do backgrounds, or flowers, but people stamps... forget it....  ha ha....

Here is my Art Journaling spread using a couple of my absolute FAVORITE Stamps from Belles 'n Whistles.  "Beary Big Hugs, Eden with Teddy, and Teddy Bear Picnic"  and look closely, I used the adorable little teddy bear from the "Teddy, Dolly, and Puppy" Change-a-Belles collection.  I masked over him for the border.  I have to say I LOVE LOVE LOVE that border..... 

I didn't stop with just using my FAVORITE Stamps, I also incorporated my Favorite Colors... I just couldn't help myself.  If I'm going with a "Favorites" theme, I may as well go all the way with it, right?  ha ha

I never showed my Art Journing page from last week, here on my own blog.  I guess it would be a good time to share that one as well... It was a floral theme, and I used some of the Fairies from Belles 'n Whistles then too.  I think it would be so much fun to create an entire journal using these adorable BnW stamps, don't you?  Soooooo many options....  Wondering about a "Art Journaling" challenge for our Belles 'n Whistles fans.... hhhhmmmmm.... what do you think?


I think I am going to have to create a whole Journal using BnW or any of my Elisabeth Bell stamps... Yes after seeing both of these layouts together in this one post, it's settled... I MUST do it.... 

Alright, enough of all my rambling here...  Thanks so much for taking the time to read through all of this, and taking a look at my Art Journaling Spreads.... what do you think?  I'd love to hear your feedback on these. 

Don't forget, all you have to do to play along with this weeks Belles 'n Whistles challenge is simply Use Your Favoritest Elisabeth Bell Stamp, and enter... It can't get any easier than that, can it?
  I can't wait to see what Your Favorite Stamp is....



1 comment:

Sissi4477 said...

Wow, Lynda, this is sooooo pretty. Wow, really wonderful.

Hugs,

Sebrina