March 25, 2012

Shabby Chic??? Who Knew I could...??

Hellllloooooo out there in blogland.  Today is the 25th, and you know what that means???  It's time for another challenge over at Elisabeth Bells World Challenge Blog.  The challenge this month is a theme of "Shabby Chic with distressing"  I tell you, I was never any good at these types of cards....  But I think.... I may have finally managed to pull it off...   ha ha...

So I thought I'd share my creation with you all here today.

What do you think?  Have I finally come close to success in the Shabby Chic department??? 
You should see the rest of the Digi Bell teams cards over at EB World, they're all soooo beautiful.
Who knows, maybe you'll just end up being inspired, and want to join in the shabby chic fun this month.  =)


For my card I used papers from My Minds Eye, and of course the darling stamp from Belles 'n Whistles, called "Sweet Apples".  I used copics for coloring, and then some heat embossing using white around my distress edges.  The flowers are from Magnolia's Doohicky dies, and the rest as they say, is just odds and ends from my stash....

I thought I would enter this card in these challenges:

PaperPlay Challenges - Spring Colors
Cute Card Thursday - Anything Goes
7 Kids College Fund - Anything Goes
Simon Says Stamp Challenge - Bingo



8 comments:

June said...

Wow this is gorgeous! This image is so cute! Beautiful lace and embellishment!
Hugs, June

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Lynda :-) such a lovely image and the shabby chic look is just fabulous ! :-) all the details are so very pretty ,,, :-)

thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge :-)
luv
Lols x x x

debby4000 said...

Oh what a gorgeous card Lynda, love it.
luv
Debby

Mandy said...

Beautiful card Lynda, I love the shabby chic feel of it and the image is adorable.
Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp
hugs Mandy xx

Julie M said...

You've definitely rocked the shabby chic look, Lynda - fab card.

Thanks for joining us on PaperPlay this week.

Julie :o)

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Lynda this is absolutely gorgeous, wow, what a stunning design, and such a beautiful image.
Hugs
Lorraine x

CraftyC said...

Gorgeous card Lynda, you have a lovely blog!!
Clairexx

Mary Lou said...

Lynda this is such a pretty card. Love the shimmer and lace!!!
Hugz