January 25, 2014

White on White with a touch of Red....

Happy Saturday everyone!  I have a new card to share with you today, this was a fun one to make.
Today begins a brand new challenge over on the Elisabeth Bells World Challenge Blog.

We sure hope to see lots of people playing with us.  There are so many different ways this challenge can be interpreted, and I know that I can't wait to see what everyone will do with it. I've used "Fairy Merrily" from Elisabeth Bells Digital Collection, and that just so happens to be who is sponsoring our challenge this month.  You could be the winner of 4 digital images of your choice from Elisabeth Bell.  Now wouldn't that be fun?


I have to say that white upon white upon white was a little scary for me, but adding in a touch of red seemed possible.... But honestly I think I added more than just a touch....  I just couldn't help myself.... LOL  This really shouldn't have so much red added.

I've colored this sweetie with Copics, Obviously not many colors were used. Colors are listed below.
I've used my cuttlebug to emboss my papers, and added some lace, and some flowers, and you've got a card.  The red roses are from Wild Orchid Crafts, and the white ones, I made myself using flower petals, and doing a little bit of rolling, and gluing...

Here is a closer view of the flowers... I have to say that I fell in love with the way they turned out.
  Challenges that I've entered:
 Copic Colors Used:Skin: E00, with Prisma Color 943-Burnt Ochre
Hair: E50, E33, E29
R35, R59, R29, (for the tiny leaf -YG67, YG17)
Clothing: C00, C3
Wings: R0000, R29



8 comments:

Kim Heggins said...

Wow...this is simply stunning! What an amazing card, so much incredible detail and your flowers are perfection as well as your coloring, just perfect! Thank you so much for joining us at Simply Create Too.

debby4000 said...

Beautiful card and such a sweet image and lovely details.
luv
Debby

Jac’s Playground said...

Absolutely gorgeous, a daling image and beautiful flowers, thanks for joining us at Divas By Design this week. Jac x

Lena said...

Beautiful card!
It gives a warm loving feeling .. wonderful!
Thank you for participating in The Paper Shelter Challenge this week!
Good Luck!

Hug Lena

DianeMoneyGoolsby said...

Hi, Lynda: Your card is so pretty--love the white on white with the red accents. Glad you entered the Simply Create Too "Valentine's Day or Hearts" Challenge #53.

Please come back this coming Friday, 31 Jan, for our new challenge #54.


Diane
Simply Create Too Design Team Member
http://DianesDigitalDesigns.blogspot.com

Merkkari said...

Your card is so perfect for Valentine's day. I love red and white together. Thank you for joining in The Paper Shelter Challenge this week! Hugs, Merkkari

Janine said...

Wow, this is stunning. Love the contrast of the white and red, it's really striking. Thanks for joining us at Divas by Design.
Hugs, Janine xx

Gail said...

This is just gorgeous. I love your touches of red and it's not too much..in my humble opinion. This is beautifully done! Hugs, Gail