February 18, 2014

Creating my own background

Greetings Everyone!
It's time for a new challenge over at Elphine House Australia
This month the challenge is to create your own background, OR background papers.

I decided that I would draw in my own background.
I had a ton of fun doing it too.

The darling stamp I used is called "Carrie Princess - Three Wheeling" 
available only at Elphine House Australia
I thought she would look great with a sidewalk, and brick building behind her.
So that was my goal.
Here are the beginning stages of my little background artwork.
It's too bad I'm not a "real" artist.  LOL
And this is how it turned out.
Did I succeed?


Coloring each brick was a little time consuming, but with the help of both Copic Markers, and Prisma Colored Pencils, I really like how they turned out.  I did try for a shadowy effect behind this little cutie, but I'm not too thrilled with that part of it.
The flower was created using Magnolia's DooHickey dies.

We do hope that you'll take a moment and go visit Elphine House Australia's Challenge Blog, and check out what the rest of the DT did, and maybe even decide to join us in this months challenge.




3 comments:

Ginger said...

Great job on the background! It looks really great!

Gail said...

YOU DID GREAT ON THESE BRICKS! I can't believe you sat and drew them and then colored. Holy moly...but it was well worth it. This is outstanding. Beautifully colored image, too. Your cards are all so wonderful!! Hugs, Gail

Mary Lou said...

AWESOME---this is a jaw dropping moment for me:))
Hugs my dear friend!!!