April 19, 2015

My Creative Why....



“Have you ever stopped to consider your creative Why?”

These were the first words I read when I opened an email from a very special friend and my favorite artist – Elisabeth Bell.
That question got me thinking…  

WHY do I enjoy being creative?  
WHAT is it that I enjoy doing the most?  
WHY do I enjoy working with paper crafts???

I just had to share this fabulous Digital Stamp that Miss Elisabeth Bell gave to me when asking if we, as crafters, have ever stopped to consider our creative WHY?




First and foremost – The reason I didn’t “Create” something with this amazingly cute image, is simply because I wanted to share my very first love in my creative mind.  COLORING!!!  I absolutely LOVE to color, and the stronger/bolder the color, the better.  I have ALWAYS loved coloring, for as far back as I can remember in my life.  The funny thing is, I recall that it was ALWAYS the crayons that were vibrant in color that were always either worn down, or broken from me using them so hard.  LOL    I have always felt that coloring was very therapeutic.

WHY do I craft???


When I was younger, my mother always used to get annoyed with the papers that I would cut… I always seemed to leave scraps wherever I was….  What was I doing? Being Creative, of course….  
I always found ways to make things.  Going back to when I was a child, I can remember finding a scrap blog of wood, and using crayons to draw on it.  It ended up looking just like a little TV, my Barbie’s used to watch that little TV.  LOL  Did you know that my Barbie’s also went to school, and had their own Barbie sized books?  I made those too.  (I think it might have been scraps of paper from making those that my mother always had a fit about having to clean up) ha ha….

Now that I’m older, I have to admit that I absolutely LOVE repurposing things!!!  If I can find something laying around that doesn’t seem to really serve a purpose, believe me, I WILL find a new purpose for it.  

Many of the cards that I create have some of the strangest things that most people wouldn’t think to use on a card.  But I always find a way to be creative in my own way.

A Special Thank You to Elisabeth Bell, for always sharing your creativity and talent with others.  I am truly blessed to be able to work with and be inspired by your beautiful artwork.

We ALL have a WHY inside of us.... Have you found yours?
 



No comments: