December 3, 2009

A Spoon Full of Sugars Challenge # 80 - NonTraditional Christmas colors


Okay, so I felt like being a rebel and breaking all the rules
I decided to join in on a challenge that says
NO Traditional Christmas colors
over at "A Spoon Full of Sugars Blog"

Well since I was already into the whole
follow certain color mode
That challenge was in my Farm Fresh Friday Greeting Farm
Post that is scheduled for Friday.
For this particular challenge,
A Spoon Full of Sugar wants us to create
a Christmas card without using the traditional colors.
OH MAN.... Yes this was a challenge for me for sure.
So I just HAD to play along!

So before I even picked what image I wanted to use
I went digging in my paper supply and got some ideas.
Next I picked my image!
This is the beautiful little "Two Calling Birds" image
from Belles 'n Whistles December Release.

I stuck with Soft pinks and purples,
and then added some gray to the mix.

I actually am really liking the outcome.
I colored my image with Copics,
and if I'm not mistaken the DP is from DCWV

The sentiment says "Christmas Memories" which I computer generated.
Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by.
I hope you have a crafty good weekend!

No comments: