November 11, 2009

A little something to Give Thanks about!

Hey everybody,
I hope you are all having a GREAT Wednesday!
I'm finally getting back into the swing of things,
I had gone 5 whole days without creating something
so it took a little bit for me to get going again.

I decided to create a "Thanksgiving" card for a boy
using this adorable little Greeting Farm
Twinkle Tot named "Max"

He is such an adorable little guy isn't he?
He reminds me of my son when my son was little,
even though my son had blond hair!
But this is EXACTLY what he looked like
when he would sit and play his video games.
Most of them he didn't know how to play at the time.
Now???  I have to argue with him to get him to STOP playing!

I thought that I would give this card to my son for Thanksgiving
simply because I like to ask him what he's
been Thankful for this year.
I am almost positive his response will be
"I'm thankful for my X-Box 360"
What can you expect from a 14 year old boy?

I tried to stay away from anything frilly,
since this is a boys card!  So, I created my own "Fall" theme
by stamping some Oak leaves on a piece of DP,
and then coloring them in, I also punched out some
small maple leaves, and added some glitter to them in order
to give this card a little something extra.
Hunter Green buttons laced with gold thread
border this handsome little Tot.
Making this the Perfect Boys Thanksgiving Card!

In this picture, some of my papers look gray, but actually it is a
chocolate brown color, and the DP that I stamped the leaves on
is not gray either, it's a grayish brown.  I just don't know why
pictures sometimes alter the actual colors of things.
I tried a couple of different pictures,
but this was the best photo I could get.
The actual color theme here is
Browns, Greens, Oranges & Yellows



1 comment:

Nikki said...

What a cute little image & LO! My son is nearly 4 & I can't get him off the Cbeebies website, I daren't introduce him to Wii!!

Hugs, Nikki xxx