May 24, 2010

Belles 'n Whistles Handmade Flower Challenge

Wowwwww - Happy Monday!!!  I'm excited today, and do you know why???  Because Belles 'n Whistles has some fun and exciting things for you!  Not only do you get to stop by and read and see all sorts of inspiration, but guess what?  We are now having our very own Belles 'n Whistles Challenges.  Yes we do have them along with Roses On Paper every other week, but now, we are also having a Belles 'n Whistles Only challenge on the opposite Mondays.  Isn't that exciting? 

New things happening, are always so much fun! 

So this week, Kathy, one of our newest DT members, has challenged us all to make a card using a Belles 'n Whistles image, but to create our own homemade flowers!  I know that I can't wait to see what everyone will come up with.  Especially since I am always looking for new floral ideas.  Ready made flowers are great, but oh boy, there is nothing quite like a handmade flower, is there???

The design team has done such awesome work, I know that you will be blown away.  I hope you'll stop by the Belles 'n Whistles blog today and see what all the fuss is about!    Oh oh oh, and something new, if you do happen to play along with us, we have a new twist on where to post!  We'd love to see you post your creation on your blog, but all challenge entries should be posted in our very own Belles 'n Whistles Galleria!  Won't it be great to go in there and just be flooded with your wonderful creations all on one site?  I love looking at the creativity, side by side! There is a special category set up under challenges for this challenge.  I can't wait to see what we end up with there!  =)

You're not going to want to miss this one!  I hope to see you there.....

Okay okay, so now that I've chattered on and on, I guess I will show you the card that I created using,  "Apples & Sunshine" and some handmade flowers.

 

I thought that rather than me trying to describe and tell about the different dies, or punches that made my flowers it would be so much easier to SHOW you.  So I took a picture of the time s that I used for creating my handmade flowers.


I simply inked the edges of my flower petals a tiny bit, and then used a stylus to curl them, put a dot of glue, and topped them with a Martha Stewart Pearl, and ta-da.... it couldn't be more simple.  One of these days I really am going to try a tiny more detailed flower, but so far, I've been a little afraid of it...

So there you have it, a Sunshine & Apples kind of day with lots of handmade flowers!

Now... for YOUR Job.... we would LOVE IT if you would join us in this challenge.  More details can be found by visiting the Belles 'n Whistles Blog!  =)

1 comment:

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous card Lynda, love the sweet image and those wonderful flowers.
luv
Debby