November 9, 2019

An Autumn Update...



Greetings... It's been a while since I've actually written a post here.  Updating pictures on my Flower Pot People Page doesn't really count, does it? 
I've been keeping busy over the past couple of months between family, and definitely while doing crafts.  Pots, Pots, and more pots...  So I thought I'd give a quick re-cap of a few of my favorites that I've done more recently. 

Starting with these two little cuties...  Anyone who knows me knows I just LOVE LOVE LOVE gingerbread men.  I will take them any way I can get them.  This includes taking them in the form of Clay Pots... LOL    Isn't he just the cutest?  And how about a little Santa too?  He took a little more work, because of all of his extra glittered texture added to his suit and "hat".  But he really did turn out to be quite a cutie...  I've already had a couple of orders for these, and they are available in my Etsy shop.  They make great candy dishes or just decorations, or whatever your creativity can dream up, 




Awwww one of my all time favorite Fall things to make.  Adorable Scarecrows. 
I've already made quite a few of these this fall.  They are just too stinking cute.  I had to give him a little Spotlight time.  =)




OHHHH My...and THESE SCARY people!!!! 
With Halloween approaching....
I had a sweet woman in Washington State contact me, and ask me if I could make her
"Chucky, and the Bride of Chucky"...  Challenge accepted!  And... Here they are!
This was the first time that I even attempted to add "Hair" to terra cotta pots.
Needless to say, I wanted to make sure the hair would be pretty much weather proof.
The hair on these two were made using Craft Foam Sheets.  Yep... I had to get a bit creative, and I have to say, I LOVE the outcome!




Once these two were done, I was then asked to do 3 more.  This woman and her husband are HUGE Halloween fanatics.  So I was asked to make Captain Spaulding, Baby, and Otis from the Horror movie "House of 1,000 Corpses"

I used the same idea with the hair, but WOW,... who knew how very tedious and time consuming the curled hair would end up being... But the outcome was worth the time invested I think.  =)  




I decided I'd try a little jingle bell wind chime idea using a terra cotta pot.  This is smaller than the usual pots I use.  Instead of the standard 6" pots, I chose to use a 4" pot for this little cutie instead.
I really wanted to capture a sweet and innocent look for this snowman, and I think I've managed to do just that.  He is just adorable.




Ohhhh but lets now stop there...
Remember how I said I just LOVE my Gingerbread men?  Well....
I couldn't help myself.  I wanted some gingerbread men style ornaments for my Christmas tree this year.  Sooo, what did I do?  YEP... YOU GUESSED IT!!!
I made my own.
I loved them so much, I decided to make some and sell those on Etsy as well.
Who knew that they would become a huge hit! LOL





Aren't they adorable?  I told you!  These images are digital stamps that I got from 7kidscrafts.com and then colored and then decoupaged to the ornament after painting it.  Then adding diamond glitter, and a high gloss sealer.  They are TOO TOO cute...

I am currently working on an order of 20 of these adorable ornaments.  So that sums up what I've been up to lately... always keeping busy, and finding new ideas, but such is the life of a crafter.
I just can't help myself.

Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: