January 11, 2020

A New Year and New Crafts to share....

Wow I can't believe that the last post I've made was about Fall!!! LOL 


I think it's time for a current update.

Happy New Year!
I truly do plan on keeping my blog posting a little more current.
I've had this blog for years and years.  More than 10 years, that's for sure.
Even though almost ALL of my past posts have been during my time working on paper-crafts.
Whether it was just for fun, or Design Team work, blog hops, showing newly released stamps etc.

Once in a while I like to look back through the old posts.  SOOOO Many cards.
I miss my coloring and creating from those days, but I am truly enjoying my current crafting of mainly hand-painted Clay Pot people.

That brings me to a few of my most recent projects.
Christmas came and went, but due to dealing with the stress of a death in the family, it all seems like such a blur.

So today I will share a few things that I've created since I last posted here. 


Just look at this trio of little cuties.  I had so much fun making these.
They inspired me to create a unique snowman style gift for my daughters teachers.
So this next photo is what I came up with.  I made two of these, using a battery operated candle.
I'm happy to say, both of her teachers absolutely LOVED their gifts.
I do have to admit, They did turn out quite adorable.



Now, because those little snowman candle holders turned out SO adorable, I had to make one for myself, but personally I am more in love with Gingerbread men than Snowmen.  So I decided to go with a Gingerbread theme instead.
But I didn't stop there....
I used oven bake Clay and created miniature "Cookies" to go along with my candle holder.
I wanted to use my candle holder to hold a real jar style candle.

Heres a close up of my Clay Cookies. =)



They look almost good enough to eat, don't they?

Since I fell head over heels in love with the outcome.
I set out to make myself a smaller version as well.

When I was finished, I used it to hold some peppermint candies.  Who said it was only for Candles?


He was just darling sitting on top of my Piano in the livingroom along with so many other cute Christmas decorations.

Just way WAY too cute!

I even made some more, they are now available in two sizes in my Etsy shop.



Holidays were over, and it was time for some NEW things, going into the NEW Year...

I had an idea of what I wanted to do.  As of New Years day, I began working on my projects.

Our Men and Women in the Service.
However, I have not made any of them have a womans face, but I did make a set of all 4 of the different military branches.

Finally complete, I have posted them as available for order in my Etsy shop as well.
FULLY CUSTOMIZABLE!




AIR FORCE





ARMY




MARINE




NAVY




I am quite happy with how these turned out.  They have been added to the "Pot People" page in the link at the top of this page.  As I create more, they will also be added.

These have kept me quite busy, and now it's time to begin working on my next "New idea for the New Year"

I will post again, when I have more to share.  
Thanks for hanging in there and reading this far.


No comments: